We have a rewarding opportunity available for a Female* Crisis Response Worker to join our team based in Bristol. You will join us on full time, permanent basis working 37.5 hours per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,589 per annum plus benefits.
Established in 1999, Next Link is the leading provider of domestic abuse services to women and children in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. At Next Link we are committed to providing holistic, empowering and personalised support and advocacy to women and children experiencing domestic abuse. With a focus on survivor’s safety and recovery; we believe the provision of flexible support tailored to survivors need’s can be transforming, helping to maximise independence and self-determination so survivors can make informed choices.
In return for joining us, we will offer you:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
- Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Wellness Awards
About the role:
We are looking for a Female* Crisis Response Worker to join the team and work within a dynamic, fast paced crisis intervention advocacy and support service.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Female* Crisis Response Worker:
- Responding to emergency /crisis situations to women and children experiencing domestic abuse
- Providing support, advice, advocacy, signposting and direct intervention
- Providing short term support (up to 4 weeks); advising women on criminal justice/ and civil remedies
- Empowering survivors to increase their options, make positive choices/decisions, increase their confidence, safety and recovery
- Some evening and Saturday working on a rota basis and participation in an out of hours telephone on-call rota
This is not an exhaustive list of your duties and outlines the general ways in which it is expected you will meet the overall requirements of this post.
What we are looking for in our ideal Female* Crisis Response Worker:
- Experience of working with women in crisis
- An understanding of the impact of domestic abuse on women and children
- The ability to deal with and diffuse crisis and emergency situations in an effective manner
- Experience of risk assessment, co-producing risk management and safety plans
- Experience of managing own caseload
- A full driving licence and access to transport
Closing date: 9am Friday 6th March 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 10th March 2020
If you are motivated, resourceful and passionate about empowering female victims of domestic abuse, please apply now to join us as our Female* Crisis Response Worker and contribute to the valuable work Next Link and its wider services, delivering hope and support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
How to apply
Please download the application pack below and complete the application form. Please submit your application by 9am Friday 6th March 2020 Please do not send CVs. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th March 2020.
Please monitor your emails following your application.
or contact us by email: HR.Enquiries@missinglinkhousing.co.uk
Telephone: 0117 925 0680
Next Link, 5 Queen Square, Bristol BS1 4JQ
Next Link is part of Missing Link Housing